Goals for health include maintaining and increasing functioning, maintaining or improving self-care, and stimulating social support networks and personal relationships.
Be Heart Smart is a program for individuals who want to learn more about preventing heart disease by making heart-healthy lifestyle changes.
This national, evidence-based workshop aims to build participants’ confidence in managing their health and keep them active and engaged in their lives.
This national, evidence-based workshop helps participants, and their support person, deal with the ongoing issues associated with chronic pain.
This national, evidence-based workshop helps individuals cope with and manage their diabetes.
This interactive simulation experience utilizes an empathic model to educate participants on the age-related sensory and functional challenges some older adults might face.
These educational materials explain what opioids are, the risks associated with them, signs of addiction and overdose, safe storage and disposal, steps to take to address the crisis, and more.
- American Academy of Family Physicians: Finding Reliable Health Information on the Web
- National Council on Aging: Chronic Disease Mangement
- National Institute on Aging: Health Information on Topics A-Z
- National Institutes of Health: Health Information and Highlights
- National Library of Medicine: Health Literacy