Goals for health include maintaining and increasing functioning, maintaining or improving self-care, and stimulating social support networks and personal relationships.
Be Heart Smart
Be Heart Smart is a program for individuals who want to learn more about preventing heart disease by making heart-healthy lifestyle changes.
Chronic Disease Self Management
This national, evidence-based workshop aims to build participants’ confidence in managing their health and keep them active and engaged in their lives.
Chronic Pain Self-Management
This national, evidence-based workshop helps participants, and their support person, deal with the ongoing issues associated with chronic pain.
This national, evidence-based workshop helps individuals cope with and manage their diabetes.
Gray for a Day
This interactive simulation experience utilizes an empathic model to educate participants on the age-related sensory and functional challenges some older adults might face.
Keys to Embracing Aging
Matter of Balance
The Opioid Crisis: What You Need to Know
These educational materials explain what opioids are, the risks associated with them, signs of addiction and overdose, safe storage and disposal, steps to take to address the crisis, and more.
- American Academy of Family Physicians: Finding Reliable Health Information on the Web
- National Council on Aging: Chronic Disease Mangement
- National Institute on Aging: Health Information on Topics A-Z
- National Institutes of Health: Health Information and Highlights
- National Library of Medicine: Health Literacy