Age-friendly communities and homes enhance personal independence by allowing residents to safely age-in-place, stay active, and live longer.
This facilitation guide helps Extension professionals inform communities of age-friendly adaptations and assist them in self-assessing their age-friendliness.
This interactive simulation experience utilizes an empathic model to educate participants on the age-related sensory and functional challenges some older adults might face.
- AARP: How to Create a Livable Community
- AARP: Housing That Works for People of All Ages
- Frameworks Institute: Gaining Momentum Toolkit
- National Association of Home Builders: What is Universal Design?
- Rural Health Information Hub: Rural Aging in Place Toolkit
- Senior Living: A Comprehensive Guide on Transportation for Seniors
- World Health Organization: Towards an Age-Friendly World