Tips for Managing Life After Retirement introduces four key themes that have emerged from research on living a successful, healthy retirement: foundational relationships, healthy living, achieving balance, and planning for the future.
As a result of this program, participants will:
- Understand the stages of retirement.
- Learn about the importancde of communication before and after retirement.
- Conceptulalize ways in which they can start conversations with others about their own retirement.
- Understand the importance of living a healhty lifestyle at all stages of life.
- Learn about the importance of achieving balance before, during, and after retirement.
- Understand ways in which they can continue plannign for their future in the areas of finances, health, and home.
This lesson is intended for:
- adults who are retired, nearing retirement, or interested in learning more about
social concepts of retirement
- family members and friends of the aforementioned individuals.
This lesson can be presented to adult individuals and groups, regardless of race, ethnicity, income, marital status, sexual preference, profession, or other demographic characteristics.
The average length is 60 minutes but can be shortened or lengthened depending on the number and depth of engaging activities.
Projector, computer, handouts (including evaluation tool)
Want to Know More?
You can find all program materials (including a fact sheet, leader’s guide, scripted PowerPoint, evaluation, marketing flyer, newsletter columns, and an infographic) at this site.
If you are interested in learning more about the program, please contact Erin Martinez, Kansas State University, at firstname.lastname@example.org.