Dining with Diabetes (DWD) is a cooking school for people with diabetes, those at risk for diabetes, and caregivers of those with diabetes. DWD consists of four weekly sessions and a three-month reunion session.
- Increase knowledge about healthy foods.
- Present healthy versions of familiar foods.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques.
- Provide taste testing of new recipes.
- Provide basic information about diabetes and nutrition, and physical activity.
- Provide opportunities for people with diabetes to share and learn from one another.
Adults with diabetes, those at risk for diabetes, and caregivers of those with diabetes.
Dining with Diabetes is a series of 4 sessions with a three-month follow-up session.
Varies across states.
Materials and supplies for cooking demonstrations.
Dining with Diabetes is offered at many Universities across the North Central Region. Below is a list of contacts at Universities in which A Matter of Balance is offered:
- Kansas State University: Erin Martinez, email@example.com.
- Purdue University: Lisa Graves, firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-494-2828.
- The Ohio State University: Dan Remley, email@example.com or 740-289-2071 ext. 241.
- Michigan State University: Naomi Hyso, firstname.lastname@example.org.